Covid-19 Practice Changes
We look forward to welcoming you back to our practice but in the short term we have introduced some new measures which will make your visit feel a little different.
These measures are for the safety of you and our staff and are the implementation of the advice from Welsh Government and our relevant professional bodies. Whilst hygiene is always our top priority, we hope these measures will be relaxed when it is safe to do so.
- Our MySight online booking system has been temporarily suspended
- Please wear a face mask / covering to your appointment
- We may ask you to wait outside or in your car until your appointment time to limit numbers within the practice
- There will be a hygiene station on entry
- Please obey social distancing when in practice outside the consulting rooms
- Please wait for our dispensing team to assist you in trying on frames so we can keep track of frames for cleaning and disinfection
- out optometrists and dispensing team will be wearing single use gloves, single use aprons, face masks and eye protection as advised by the relevant authorities
- We will limit the time spent in the close proximity of the consulting room with our optometrists. To do this we will conduct the “history and symptoms” component of your examination by telephone, usually the previous day
- Please don’t be offended if our optometrists are more limited with their conversation and more “efficient”. This again is an attempt to limit time within the close confines of the consulting room
- All surfaces / equipment will be cleaned thoroughly between each patient which may cause a delay
- The customer toilet will be temporarily closed
- our air conditioning system will not be used so please be aware the practice may become quite warm
Please be assured we are only opening as we feel it is safe to do so. We hope the measures we are adopting for your safety don’t take away from the relaxed, caring, sympathetic, friendly community practice we strive to be.
James, Sharron and Mandy